Thursday 8 January 2009

N. Ampullaria ~ Larry.


Larry is doing fine and triving. New rosettes are in the midst of being formed in the center of the ground pitchers cluster. However, I regret feeding the crickets previously as the peristome of the pitchers have turned brown. I think it is damaged. Separately, Ampullaria is fast becoming my favourite. The last visit to Fauzi's stall, there are many other types available and really tempted to collect them all. The reason? I like the shape of the pitcher as well as the way they grow at the ground level. Also, I found out that Ampullaria has developed from being a carnivore to being largely detritivorous by absorbing leaves litter instead to absorb nutrient. Maybe I should start peppering some fallen leaves into it just to see how it go...

No comments: