Tuesday 10 February 2009

Soaking those denims...



Soaked the 3 jeans yesterday, its hard work. First, I subject them to a warm temp tap water for about an hour or 2 max to rinse out the starch and so. I did not turn them inside out as I wanna rinse out the excess indigo as well. After that, I turn them inside out and dried them in full sunlight. Luckily it wasn't raining as past few days. When they are about 90% dry, I applied some mink oil onto the leather patches to minimise extreme wrinkling...those Eternal patch are really nice. I applied only a little bit onto the SDA's cordovan patch though. The toughest part was turning them inside out, particularly the Samurai and Eternal which weighted 17 and 18 oz respectively. Imagine soaking, washing those 21oz and above denim....probably twist my dainty wrist for the second time! Heh.
Curiously enough, the SDA, which has the highest indigo dyed counts (at 28 times) was the least darkest post soaking. Samurai and Eternal remains almost the same tone...

No comments: