Friday 17 April 2009

Led Zeppelin.



It's been a long time since I rock and rolled,
It's been a long time since I did the Stroll.
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back, Let me get it back, baby, where I come from.
It's been a long time, been a long time,
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time. Yes it has.
- Rock And Roll.

If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break,
If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin to break.
When the levee breaks I'll have no place to stay.
Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan,
Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan.
Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home,
Oh, well, oh, well, oh, well.
- When The Levee Breaks.
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,
It's just a spring clean for the May queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.
And it makes me wonder.
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.
~ Stairway To Heaven

One of the first heavy metal bands, and between 1970 to 1972 regarded as the biggest band in the world, Led Zeppelin draws primarily its sources from Blues and Folks and fused them into super guitar driven, heavy rock and rolling songs (for its time). Interestingly, they did not release any single from their albums. One of their most popular song Stairway To Heaven even earned the infamous rumour as having Satanic verses if played in reverse. Look no further if to understand what 70s rock is like.

No comments: