Friday 19 June 2009

Green Day.




Ha ha you're dead
The joke is over
You were an asshole
And now you're gone
As your ship is going down
I'll stand by and watch you drown
~ Ha Ha You're Dead.

Don't want to have you hangin,
Around me like a leech.
I think you're just a problem,
So stay the hell away from me because I don't believe in you.
And I wanna sit here all my life alone.
This may sound a little rough,
Don't wanna fall in love.
~ Don't Wanna Fall In Love.

Stepped out of the line
Like a sheep runs from the herd
Marching out of time
To my own beat now
The only way I know
~ Minority.

Do you have the time
To listen to me whine
About nothing and everything
All at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it
~ Basket Case.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.
~ Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life).

Green Day, with the release of their latest album, 21st Century Breakdown, still churns out great music after all these years...although I still miss their early to mid 90s songs.

No comments: