Sunday 9 August 2009

John Hughes : February 18, 1950 – August 6, 2009.





Dear Mr. Vernon,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...Brian Johnson
...and an athlete...Andrew Clark
...and a basket case...Allison Reynolds
...a princess...Claire Standish
...and a criminal...John Bender
Does that answer your question?...

Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.

As you walk on by
Will you call my name?
As you walk on by
Will you call my name?
When you walk away
~ Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds.

Candles in the window,
shadows painting the ceiling,
gazing at the fire glow,
feeling that gingerbread feeling.
Precious moments,
special people,
happy faces,
I can see.
Somewhere in my mem'ry,
Christmas joys all around me,
living in my mem'ry,
all of the music,
all of the magic,
all of the fam'ly home here with me.
~ Somewhere In My Memory, from Home Alone.

John Hughes, writer and director of teen flicks and comedies such as The Breakfast Club (1985) and Home Alone (1990), passed away on 6th August 2009 of heart attack at the age of 59.

No comments: