Friday 7 October 2011

Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011)


Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc (formerly Apple Computer, Inc), died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 56. A little recall from my ever dimming memory. The first sight of an Apple computer is a Macintosh owned by a friend. I asked why not a PC with Windows OS? He said he wanna be different and the all in one Macintosh was easier to use. It didn't make much sense to me then. And it was expensive. Then iMac arrived on the scene. To be precise, the G3. Yes, the one which is encased in plastic translucent body shaped like an egg. That's when I really took notice of the fruit logo company. This was followed by the G4, which is kinda disappointing for me coz I didn't like the lamp like design. But when the G5 debut, oh wow. Apple has put the sexiness back into an otherwise mundane product. And it continues to do so. iPod, iPhone, and the phenomenally successful iPad. I finally got me hand on a MacBook Pro. Entry level model of course. And after a little bit of practise, yes, indeed, it is much comparatively easier to use. All in all, due to Jobs visionary innovation and driving creativity, Apple has came up with a product lineup which are practical and asthetically sexy.

No comments: