Sunday 21 December 2008

Wall-E



Come to think of it, I have never missed a single Pixar animated movie...irregardless whether I would catch it during premier or wait for a couple of months and get the DVD. From Toy Story to Cars, Pixar's comedy laced but ultimately about humanistic values with slight drama movies always have a place in my movies collection. The latest I watched last night with Esther was Wall-E and it hit right in the center of my heart. Essentially a love story from the vintage times (think those 30s love stories where innocence still rules) with the ultimate message about ecology conservation and the believe in positive, human values. Wall-E reminded me of Short Circuit too. And it made me search high and low for a previously un~heard of version of Edith Piaf's "La Vie En Rose" by Louis Armstrong. Excellent!

No comments: