Monday 16 July 2012

Hot Toys The Batman Vehicles at a Glance.



From right to left : The Batmobile from the 1989 Tim Burton's gothic Batman, 1992 The Batman Returns, the Tumbler from Christopher Nolan's 2005 realistic The Batman Begins, 2008 The Dark Knight and possibly this year's The Dark Knight Rises, the Batpod from The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, the camo version of the Tumbler as seen in the trailers of The Dark Knight Rises, presumely uses by Bane and his army, and finally, the iconic Batmobile which was once a one off 1955 Lincoln Futura concept car by Ford from the campy 1966-1968 tv series and its 1966 film adaptation, Batman: The Movie. But the one which takes the "chunk" of the cake is of course The Bat. Yes, the flying vehicle which is glimpsed in the trailers of the Dark Knight Rises. Hot Toys is insane enough to actually produce this behemoth at 1/6th scale. Personally, it doesn't stir any emotions in me as in the case of the Tumbler or the Batpod, as much as I wonder how much it would cost for what seems to me like a giant flying black turtle. If it were to be an armoured, fighting suit or a robot, I would have a second thought, but it is a definitely no no for me about the Bat. Now, I wonder if Hot Toys would be tempted to actually offer the Bat Wing from 1989 version? It would have been even bigger! And talking about big, I wonder how I will lug this thing around from the shop to car park if I were to buy one? I wonder if xl-shop offer delivery service :P. 

No comments: