Thursday 27 May 2010

Hot Toys MMS 117 ~ The Terminator 2 : T-800.



Sarah: 3 billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day. They lived only to face a new nightmare, the war against the Machines...

....................

John: Holy shit! Now don't take this the wrong way, but you are a terminator, right?
T-800: Yes. Cyberdyne Systems, Model 101.
John: You're really real! I mean...you're like a machine underneath, right? But alive outside?
T-800: I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal endoskeleton.
John: This in intense. Get a grip, John. Okay, you're not here to kill me... I figured that part out for myself. So what's the deal?
T-800: My mission is to protect you.
John: Yeah? Who sent you?
T-800: You did. Thirty years from now you reprogrammed me to be your protector here, in this time.
John: Oh, this is deep.

....................

Sarah: Will these heal up?
T-800: Yes.
Sarah: Good. If you can't pass for human, you're not much good to us.
John: Does it hurt when you get shot?
T-800: I sense injuries. The data could be called "pain".
John: How long do you live? I mean, last, whatever.
T-800: A hundred and twenty years with my existing power cell.
John: Can you learn stuff that you haven't programmed with? So, you can be, you know, more human and not such a dork all the time?
T-800: My CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer. The more contact I have with humans, the more I learn.

....................

T-800: Why do you cry?
John: You mean people?
T-800: Yeah.
John: I don't know. We just cry...you know, when it hurts.
T-800: Pain causes it?
John: No. It's different. It's when there's nothing wrong with you but you hurt anyway. You get it?
T-800: No.

....................

Sarah: Watching John with the machine it was suddenly so clear. The terminator would never stop. It would never leave him, never hurt him, never shout at him or get drunk and hit him or be too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there and it would die to protect him. Of all the would be fathers who came and went over the years, this, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.

....................

John: It's over.
T-800: There's one more chip. And it must be destroyed also. I cannot self terminate. You must lower me into the molten steel.
John: No!!!
T-800: I'm sorry, John. I'm sorry.
John: No, it'll be okay. Stay with us. It'll be okay.
T-800: I have to go away.
John: No, don't do it. Please don't go.
T-800: I must go away, John.
John: No, wait! You don't have to do this!
T-800: I'm sorry.
John: No, don't do it! Don't go!
T-800: It has to end here.
John: I order you not to go! I order you not to go....
T-800: I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do. Goodbye.

......................

Sarah: The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it for the first time with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a terminator can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too...

......................

Finally, the iconic T-800 from T2 is here. Whoa. The figure itself is solidly built, articulative (unlike Predator's Major Dutch) and is worth it. Except I was hoping for a more complete accessories, like a minigun and a grenade launcher from the scene whereby they were assaulted at the Cyberdyne Systems building. Arnie reprises his role as the killer cyborg T-800, except this time round, he is the protector, not the terminator (that role now pass to the T-1000, which I hope Hot Toys will consider to release, and while we are on this, the first Terminator and a re-lease of the endoskeleton as well). The accessories may not be up to measure but something about this figure that makes me like it alot. Oh, you can swap the left arm for the "expose endoskeleton" scene. I swapped it with care, afraid of breaking it, as it was quite tight, and the endoskeleton itself is quite fragile. Comes with additional black tee, of which the T-800 originally wore but I am too lazy to swap it. Also the flowers. What do I with it?

No comments: